Speak with a licensed insurance agent:
Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm CST
Childcare businesses have unique risks and challenges that require specific insurance coverage to protect both the business and the children in its care. Here are some of the coverages that are commonly recommended for childcare businesses:
1. General Liability Insurance: This coverage protects against third-party bodily injury and property damage claims. For childcare businesses, this coverage is important in case a child is injured while under your care or if there is damage to property on your premises.
2. Professional Liability Insurance: Also known as errors and omissions insurance, this coverage protects against claims of negligence or mistakes in providing professional services. For childcare businesses, this coverage can be important in case of legal disputes related to the care of children or educational services provided.
3. Property Insurance: This insurance coverage protects your business’s property, such as the building, equipment, and supplies, from damage or loss due to events like fire, theft, and weather-related incidents.
4. Workers’ Compensation Insurance: If you have employees, workers’ compensation insurance provides benefits to employees who are injured or become ill as a result of their work. This coverage is required by law in Texas if you have employees.
5. Commercial Auto Insurance: If your childcare business operates a vehicle to transport children, commercial auto insurance can protect against accidents and other incidents that may occur while driving.
6. Abuse and Molestation Coverage: This coverage is specific to childcare businesses and protects against claims of abuse or molestation by employees or volunteers.
In Texas, insurance providers offer a variety of coverage options for childcare businesses. The specific coverage you need and the cost of that coverage will depend on the size of your business, the number of children in your care, and the risks associated with your activities. It’s important to work with an experienced insurance agent who can help you assess your risks and identify appropriate coverage options.